In this tutorial I will show you how to resolve the usage of RAM usage showing wrong for Openvz VPS in SolusVM control panel.
Issue (Problem or Question) -the situation in the customer words-what are they trying to do or what is not working.
Ram Issue — The usage of RAM usage showing wrong for Openvz VPS:
- What Product (s) (hardware,software,network,
including platform, model and revison level) does the user have?
- Has anything been changed recently? such us upgrades,deletion. The environment description should be as precise as possible, with standard ways to document product names and versions.
Error will arise in VPS Manage page of the OpenVZ in the SolusVM Master.
1. The Vswap has not enabled to the VPS which host operating system is CentOS 6 or uses the 2.6.32 kernel.
2. The Improper Vswap value has assigned to the VPS.
VSwap is calculated from the amount of burst memory you add to a virtual server. For example, if you specify 512MB Ram and 1024MB Burst the VSwap would be 512MB (1024MB – 512MB = 512MB).
Resolution – the steps required to resolve problem
1. You should enable VSwap if your host operating system is CentOS 6 or uses the 2.6.32 kernel. VSwap has been designed to replace User beancounters and is built into the CentOS 6 kernel.
2. Give a proper Vswap valu to the Openvz VPS.
Refer the below document: