In this tutorial I will show you, how to backup your website in DirectAdmin.
In order to backup your website in Direct Admin, you need to
- Go for the Create/Restore Backups link and hit it.
- You will go the next screen where you can backup a specific portion of your account.
- In order to create backup for an account scroll down and click on the Create Backup button. This will generate the back up for that account.
- In order to download the backup to the computer, you need to click on the latest backup. Then click on save to save the file into the PC. Once the download will complete click on close.
Step 1: Ask DirectAdmin to generate the backup
Login to your DirectAdmin package, and you will be greeted with the following page:
You will get to the “Site Backup” screen, now click the “Create Backup” button:
You will then see this screen:
And after a minute or two, if everything went well with the backup, you will also receive an email from the system.
Step 2: Download the backup to your computer
Now that your backup is ready, it’s time to download them to your computer. Click again “Create/Restore Backups” in the main Control Panel page.
You will see again the “Backups” page, this time click the link at the bottom that says “Click here for a list of your current backups”.
You should now see the following screen:
Now, here is how we suggest you save this file:
- Open your “My Documents” folder in your computer, and inside make a new directory called “Site Backups“
- Now in the page above, Right-Click and select “Save as…“, then choose your “Site Backups“.
- Your backup will now download to the “Site Backups” directory.
That’s it, we are done!
As a general rule, I suggest you keep at least 1 week of backups on your computer.
Was this Tutorial helpful? Help others share on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus!