How to Install cPanel & WHM in CentOS 6:
cPanel is a Linux based web hosting control panel that gives a graphical interface and automation tools intended to improve the procedure of hosting a web site. cPanel additionally has order line and API-based access that permits outsider programming sellers, web hosting associations, and designers to automate standard system administration processes.
Features of cPanel:
cPanel control panel is extremely adaptable control panel for dealing with your hosting servers, It has bunches of highlights which make Web hosting easier for you. Some of them are listed below::
- Powerful GUI controls on your server with WHM.
- Can perform monotonous undertakings like Backups, Migrations and rebuilding efforts in a simple and smooth way.
- Fabulous DNS and mail server management for management server and also customer record.
- Can easily switch/enable/disable services for server.
- Can arrange SSL/TLS for all server services and customer areas.
- Simple joining with Phpmyadmin to give an online interface to deal with your MySQL databases.
- Can be effectively incorporated with WHMCS to mechanize billing management.
Step 1: In the event that you don’t have the most recent version, please update your OS to its most recent version, In CentOS and RHEL, we can just do it with yum bundle installer.
# yum install wget perl # yum update
Step 2: Once you’ve guaranteed the OS version, you don’t need to introduce whatever other reliance bundle cPanel auto installer script does for you. We can download cPanel installer file using following command.
# cd /opt # wget -N http://httpupdate.cPanel.net/latest
Step 3: After downloading installer script, execute the auto installer script, it takes 3-4+ hours to complete the installation depending on your server resources.
# sh latest
Verifying archive integrity... All good. Uncompressing cPanel & WHM Installer.............. ____ _ ___| _ \ __ _ _ __ ___| | / __| |_) / _` | '_ \ / _ \ | | (__| __/ (_| | | | | __/ | \___|_| \__,_|_| |_|\___|_| Installer Version v00029 r6849459174e3809f72de2q7t8s427g4e7a399s77 Beginning main installation. ------------------------------------ ------------------------------------
- Installer Script checks for different bundles to ensure that there will be no conflicts and it finds any bundle conflict, it uninstall previous bundles with yum and that is the reason its prescribed to introduce cPanel on a Fresh OS.
- Introduces different Perl modules through CPAN and other obliged bundles with yum.
- Downloads and assembles PHP and Apache with different related modules.
- When that script finishes its establishment, it will shows up that cPanel establishment is finished. You may be requested that reboot the server after establishment.
Step 4: After that you have to finish the establishment wizard from its web interface and you can get to WHM with the following URL.
http://your-server-ip:2087 OR http://your-host-name:2087
Step 5: Follow bellow steps to complete the installation:
- Login with user “root” and your secret password. Agree End User License Agreement by clicking “I Agree and Go to Step 2”:
Kindly do give the working email address and contact SMS address in the column becuase your cPanel sends immeasurably essential alarms, notice to this EMail-id.
If you have to add more than one IP on your server So you can add it from here and then click to “Go to Step 4”
In the 4th setup wizard, you can choose DNS server which you need to utilize. You can pick one of them as indicated by their Advantages, impediments and your server assets.
In the same step, please record Name Servers you need to use in configuration. Likewise, Add an A record for your hostname and nameserver by selecting the check box and click “Go to step 5”.
In next step you can choose and set up diverse services like FTP, Mail and Cphulk of this web based wizard.
In the same wizard, you can choose your Mail server to be utilized for all your mailing activities in future. You can include MTAs like Exim with your cPanel in future.
Cphulk brute force protection recognizes and detects and block false password attacks activities and block their IP for your server and click on “Go to step 6”.
Allows you to enable quote which helps you to find the disk space utilizations. Please select “Use file system quotas” and click on “Finish setup wizard” to complete the Installation process.
Step 6: In some cases, cPanel installer script is not ready to update the license on account of firewall or resolvers sections and you’ll see trial cautioning in the page. So you can run following command.
Note: Other Useful thing to know before you start working with cPanel and WHM.
- cPanel Backend Files:
cPanel directory : Third Party tools : /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/
cPanel script : /usr/local/cpanel/scripts
cPanel addons directory : /usr/local/cpanel/addons/
Base files like Phpmyadmin, skins : /usr/local/cpanel/base/
cPanel binaries : /usr/local/cpanel/bin/
CGI files : /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/
cPanel access & error log files : /usr/local/cpanel/logs/
Whm related files : /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/
- Important configuration files:
Apache : /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
Exim mail : /etc/exim.conf
Named : /etc/named.conf
ProFTP and Pureftpd : /etc/proftpd.conf and /etc/pure-ftpd.conf
User file : /var/cPanel/users/username
Tweak settings : /var/cpanel/cpanel.config
Networking : /etc/sysconfig/network
Addons, parked and subdomain information : /etc/userdomains
cPanel update config file : /etc/cpupdate.conf
Clamav : /etc/clamav.conf
Mysql : /etc/my.cnf
PHP : /usr/local/lib/php.ini
Was this Tutorial helpful? Help others share on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus!